Thursday, August 7, 2008

crochet squares

So I know I said that I was giving up swapping for the summer. well my mate Kookie decided that I should get involved in a 8" crochet square swap and because I like her I decided to take part. Heck what's 4 x 8" squares in a month. What's hilarious is that she's now my swap partner for this swap. This means that I'm doing 6 squares not 4 and I've started working on an extra little something for her too. Can't say too much as I know she's watching. I've asked Kookie to make me black/purple squares as I fancy a kind of gothic little lapghan.

I haven't been neglected my other tasks though.
We're still in mid room move. Our bed and chest of drawers is now in the appropriate room. Futon is dismantled and I collected a fab round dining table from Freecycle. Off course it is still sitting the car awaiting it's move to the sitting room. Which I'm planning for tomorrow. Heck I'm going to need another holiday to recover from this one. :o)

So progress on my 12" CAL is doing well.
another filler. This one is
Victorian Dream



Here's my progress so far on the blankie. I have attached a couple of the squares using black, but I think I'll wait until they are all done before adding any more.



Oh yes swapping. Another Lass from ravelry has managed to persuade me not only to take part in some swappage, but to join her team for ravelympics. After a month of not swapping I must be missing it. Anyway for the ravelympics I'm doing Converse Booties for the Baby Dressage, Crochet shrug for the Sweater Sprint and crochet little lamb for the Amigurumi Toss. the idea is that we start these items and get them finished with the time it takes for the olympics to start and finish. Should definitely be doable. Off course I do go back to work on Monday and i have a friend from the states visiting on wednesday and then the kids go back to School a week on tuesday. See all the time in the world. :o)

1 comment:

Kookie said...

Oh yes indeed I am watching : )

GOOD LUCK in the Ravelympics!