Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sewing

I've never been much of a sewer. Can't sew in a straight line to save myself. Although recently, via swapping I've really started to get into it. What I now love is how quickly I can produce a swap item compared to how long it would take me to knit or crochet the same thing.
So recently I've made two hipslingers, a mp3 player cosy, a rag doll and a make-up brush roll. Can't show you the last two as they're still in transit, but here are my hipslingers and mp3 cosy.





Cool and my lines are getting straighter. :o)

I also knitted a slouchy beret recently. Turned out to be a very quick knit. Hope it fits the lady I sent it too.




I'm on annual leave and loving it atm. another week to go :o) getting some work done around the house (far too slowly!!!) Managing to get loads of crafting done too. Just wrapped up my BTVS (Buffy) swap package to be sent off tomorrow and I'm hoping to get started on my 13 days of Halloween swap.
Other than that I've joined the travelling teabox on ravelry, which is where this box filled with tea and extra goodies travels around europe. when you get it you take out what you fancy and add back in the equivalent and then sent it onto the next person on the list. Sounds like fab fun. I've also started working on two wraps/shawls:
Cats paw lace shawl I'm making mine with sock wool and smaller needles so I hope it will be much smaller. I want to use it as a scarf.
Versatility I even bought wool for this one. I've been eyeing it up for ages and eventually took the plunge.
Off course both are for me so they sit at the bottom of the pile all the time.
Anyway I'm going to get back to my cats paw shawl.

1 comment:

Samsara said...

Oo, your sewing looks fab! And yes, sewing is sooo much speedier! Loving my new (to me) overlocker and trying to think of some really cool t-shirt projects with overlocked decorative seams (think Uttam and Gringo clothing).
I love your slouchy hat! Is that Woolly Wormheads Meret? It's such a pretty pattern and quite fun to make. I really like the colours you chose.
By the way, thank you for coming to my party and for bringing such a nice brew :) Your name is in the sorting hat ready for selection day!