Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pottery

I started going to a pottery class. My best mate found one and asked if I wanted to go. We had our first session last night and it was fab. The 2 hours just flew by. We're were shown how to make a Slab Vase. So that's what we did and then we made some small tiles to do some glaze testing.
I can't wait for next week. Our tutor recommended that we start a pottery diary for recording ideas, glazes used etc. I already have a list of 8 different items that I want to make. Some are very much beyond me atm,but hopefully as I learn I'll eventually achieve some of my goals.
My vase is awaiting the Bisque stage, so maybe in two weeks time I'll be able to glaze it. Can't wait to have a finished item. So no pictures yet.
I do have some pics of kitties though. After loosing Ivan I decided I didn't have enough pictures of the cats,so I've been trying to get some good ones of them.

Here's Z sitting on my DD's crazy blanket. This was her Christmas present and I'm still adding squares too it. It'll be finished when I decide it's big enough



Here's Bear and little girl enjoying some spring sunshine. That's our bedroom windowsill. The kitties have been sleeping in that box for months now. I love getting up in the morning and checking to see who's there to cuddle first thing.



This is our Serious (Serious Black). He's a big scaredy cat, but when he gets on the bed with you, he loves cuddles and immediately rolls onto his back to get his belly rubbed. He's always been the scruffiest and most serious one of the bunch. Always the last to join in with the playing. He's my big softy.





Finally "Kitties at Play". This was when Fat cat got his mojo back. It's amazing what having some kittens to chase will do to you.

2 comments:

Taz said...

Your puss cats look like they have plenty of fun. I like to hear about snuggly cats, that's what has always put me off having a cat and they are supposed to be not so snuggly. I like snuggly things.
Your pottery class sounds fun.

zombiecazz said...

Most of my cats are plenty snuggly. They're wonderfully independent creatures, but they do like to lie on you and get snuggles too. Really my perfect pet.