Tuesday, January 11, 2011

College

My DS started college yesterday. 12 Week Pre-Sea Training for the Merchant Navy. It was a bit touch and go to start with, but I'm very proud of him. He got over the intial hurdle and was settled in class after lunch.
Keeping all fingers crossed that this goes well for him.
My Secret Santa shall finally get her present today. It was all delayed due to the bad weather.
I really hope she likes the Hat....



and the Whisky Fudge.

Pottery Starts again Tomorrow :o)
I missed several classes at the end of last term due to the blinking awful snow. Just before we broke up I took the bull by the horns and asked if my tutor could show me how to throw a teapot. Next class I threw 2 teapots. They're thrown in individual parts, so bowl of pot, spout and lid. Then pulled handle.
Unfortunately I then couldn't get back to class to finish them.
Fortunately my Pal Paula, went in and collected the individual bits and I was able to put them together back at her house.
Hopefully tomorrow we'll get them back to class in one piece and they'll be bisque fired. So fingers crossed.

No comments: