Sunday, January 9, 2011

Goodreads

I'm sure I've mentioned this site before. You can look up books, read reviews on books, save a list of books that you've read and books you want to read. There are also groups that you can join and chat to people.
I've recently joined the Dark Fantasy group. I joined it in the first place as I read a book recently and wanted to find out if it was part of a set. Now this is easy to do on Goodreads, but not so easy when you can't remember the title or author of the book. :o) Fortunately one of the lovely lasses in the group named it for me.
Anyway the group has brought up loads of suggestions for reading material this year, going to definitely get my fill of historical Romance, paranormal romance and urban fantasy. Plus I hoping to start the Wheel of time series and maybe some classics if I have time. Think my eReader is definitely going to be well worked. Can't wait!!
Off course unless I can get better at my crochet and knitting without looking I won't be doing much crafting. I'll really need to work on my time management. :o)

I am though planning to do some crafting. I'm already building a list on ravelry. plus there will no doubt be birthday gifts etc.

Crochet Plans: they're all ravelry Links.

This Visor Hat
One of these elephant-pillow for my OH. A bit like this one. Not sure what colour I'm making his in.


I really fancy making one of these. It's a funky shawl.
I'm also planning
zebra-slippers
. Funky

I already have on my hook:
Chevron Jacket
Granny Slippers. Like the ones below


Fringed Shawl. In red sock wool.


Knitting Plans:

Scott Pilgrims Slouch Hat For my DS. He wants it in shades of Grey.
Stars These are so cute, want to make some for this years decorations.
Nimbus This would be great for work.
cable Hat. Just cause it's cute and you can never have too many hats.
Vest Another cute one for work.
AND OMG I started Versatality over a year ago. Must pull my finger out and get it done.

I also want to do some sewing. I have loads of patterns, but need to decide which ones I'd actually wear.

So it's Sunday night. I need to get us all ready for tomorrow: work clothes, school clothes and College Clothes. DS starts his 12 week Pre Sea Training course tomorrow. :o)
Plus there's baths, dinner and....read or craft? We'll see, probably depends on how much time I have.

No comments: