Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year


Hat from Here gloves from Here made for Christmas in funky Robin wool I got on eBay.


No resolutions, but a few hopes. I hope this year will be less stressful and emotionally fraught. I hope this year I will have lots of fun and happy stuff to blog about. I hope that this year to dance, play games, get fit, go camping lots and craft up a storm!

Synopsis of the last few months of 2010
Went to Belladrum (music festival) for the first time. Had a spectacular time, so much so that Mum gas bought our tickets already for this year.

Have had huge gallstones issues, ended up spending 5 days in hospital at the beginning of November. I'm due in hospital 21st jan to have my gall bladder removed

OMG I turned 40!!!!!!!! Let's just gloss over that one.

Got stuck into a second term of pottery, but ended up missing 3 classes due to the awful weather we've been having, so not much to show yet, but I do have 2 teapots sitting waiting a bisque fire. Class starts again in the 5th Jan.

My DS ended up living on the West Coast for a while, but he's back again to start a college course tomorrow.

Had to give away my last chicken. I was gutted, but Mr Fox started calling again with the snow. So I'm down to cats and fish. 3 of which are sitting on my knee as I type.

Ended up on snowing hillside on the banks of Loch Ness to bury my last Grandparent on Christmas eve. Granny Peggy managed a fine exit.

Had a very quite Christmas. The kids ended up on the West Coast with my Mum and me and the OH had a peaceful time. Got the most fabby present from my OH, a Pink Sony pocket eBook reader. It's wonderful, I've read 3 books so far on it and I've added a few patterns mainly WIP's that I plan on finishing this new year.




Anyway it's time to put fire on and do some housework, then I'll get some knitting done

3 comments:

Samsara said...

Sounds like you've had an eventful year! Love the funky hat and scarf! I've just bought one of those eReaders! Exactly the same, colour and everything! Waiting for it to be delivered now :o) Can't wait! Never thought about being able to put patterns on there too - genius!

Roobeedoo said...

Happy New Year!
I bet you didn't think you had done much until you went to write it down?
Your hopes for the year are good ones - good luck! And rememebr to blog every now and then ;)

Taz said...

Oh I have missed you!
A belated Happy Birthday (((hugs)))

I've to get my gall bladder out to but I'm still waiting on a date :(

And isn't your lap a bit wet with those fish sitting on it? xxxx