Thursday, July 28, 2011

Holidays

It's that time of the year again and you know what I just can't be bothered with the usual gut the house scenario. I'd like to spend my holidays not catching up on all the stuff that doesn't get done while I'm at work. I'd like to sit around drinking tea, doing crafting and relaxing. But as no one else will take the initiative and do things, then tomorrow I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get stuck in.

Within the next two weeks I want to get rid of the excess furniture I seem to have. Move the kitchen sink and get a new waste system installed. Sort out the 3 bedrooms so they are livable in and finally sort out the two downstairs rooms so that I can have a small pottery area.

Not much to ask, but when all the drive has to come from me, it's actually quite a big ask.

Anyway, so as not to focus on the depressing state of my house I've been doing some crochet (as I've mentioned) and look how my blankie is progressing....




I'm loving it and I have enough circles ready to do two more rows. Which I will be concentrating on today.

I've also just bottled 5 jars of wild raspberry jam and P. is confident that we'll get the kiln on this weekend :o) happy, happy, happy.

Now if anyone has any ideas on driving up enthusiasm for DIY, please send it my way.

1 comment:

Linda Starr said...

We remodeled our last house and it wore me out, but we kept the drains in the same location in the kitchen because it was less expensive especially with a slab foundation. It's always something with home ownership isn't it. Now that is a happy afgan.