Sunday, January 22, 2012

Scotty Dog phone cosy

Working away steadily on my 50 projects.
This is project 16: A phone sock/cosy for my daughters phone.
I was trawling through a box of old prima magazine that a friend gave me when she was moving house. I was looking for some sewing patterns mainly and I came across a chart for cute little kiddies jumper with little Scotty dogs on it and thought that it would be a fab design for my DD's phone sock.

Anyway I cast on 40 stitches using black dk yarn and 2mm circular needle.
Then using the magic loop I knitted 2 rows of stocking stitch.
Increased to 44 stitches and knitted two more rows before starting the chart.
Knit the chart twice, ends up with a dog per side of the cosy.
once chart is finished decrease 4 stitches evenly across a knit row. (40)
knit 3 rows in k2,p2 rib then cast off.

Finally I crocheted together the bottom of the cosy and added a crocheted chain loop to the back and a button to the front.

CHART



Click on image to open larger.


Finished cosy.





Magic Loop Tutorial
\

No comments: