Thursday, June 7, 2012

Coffee Smoothie

As soon as the weather starts to warm up I get in the mood for smoothies. My OH bought me a smoothie maker a couple of years ago, during the winter it sits looking forlorn and during the summer is gets used and abused.
I like milky smoothies with banana bases, although when it's warm a smoothie made from fruit juice can be really quenching.
My DD is partial to a milky sweet coffee, so I came with this recipe:

First I made some strong black coffee and sweetened it with honey. I allowed it to cool, put it into ice cube trays and froze it.

Coffee Smoothie

1 chopped banana
2 frozen coffee cubes (3 if you want it stronger)
a generous Mug of Almond milk or cows milk if you prefer.

Put all ingredients into a smoothie maker and blend until smooth.
Pour into glass and top with some grated chocolate or sprinkle on cocoa powder.



Yummy.

With this base you can do loads

* Leave out 1/2 the banana and replace with a scoop of vanilla Ice cream (or swedish glace for dairy free)
* Add some cocoa powder for a Mocha Smoothie
* Add a spoon of Peanut Butter for a Chunky Monkey Coffee Smoothie.


I've been buying bananas whenever I see them cheap and freezing them, so I have plenty to keep me going.

No comments: