This was dinner tonight.
My OH developed this recipe one evening and it's been definitely added to our list of home meals.
3 chopped red onions ( white would do)
4 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp of marg/butter
1 tsp olive oil
3 or 4 cups of peas
1/2 a stock cube
1 cup of hot water
2 tbsp of vermouth (optional)
3 chicken breast.
enough pasta for 4 or 5 people.
1. Marinade the chicken in some herbs and lemon juice.
2. Chop up the onions and crush the garlic, saute the garlic and onions in the marg and oil.
3. Once the onions are cooked add the peas, stock cube, hot water, vermouth and seasoning. Then simmer until peas are cooked.
4. Whilst this is simmering cook the chicken (I do mine on a Forman Grill) and cook the pasta.
5. Remove the peas sauce from the stove and liquidise.
6. Chop up chicken to bite size piece and mix into the pea and garlic sauce then check seasoning in the sauce.
7. Mix sauce through cooked pasta.
I've also made this with smokey bacon.
Served in a home made bowl with some cracked pepper - Enjoy.