Thursday, January 9, 2014

Back to Work Scones

It's been a bit of a slog getting back into the working routine. I'm finding it hard getting to sleep at night, so I'm waking up tired. The worst though is I get home and about 7pm I need a snooze, if I have a snooze I'm then refreshed and again not ready to sleep when it's bed time...vicious cycle.

So there I was at 10:30 last night thinking hmmm.....I think I'll go and make some scones to take to work. So that's what I did.

I don't really use a recipe anymore for scones. I dump some Self Raising flour into a bowl and add a big pinch of salt. I then rub in some marg, probably about a tablespoon per 6/8 scones. Add a couple of spoons of sugar and then some wet stuff. I like to use a mix of yogurt and milk as that gets the chemicals going nicely.
The absolute best advice for scones is: Just barely mix them together, do not over work them. Put them into a very high oven for 5/6 minutes then turn down to about 180 for another 6 minutes or until they are nicely browned.
For these scones I had a couple of small tubs of greek cherry yoghurt to use up and added a little extra milk.



Sweet!! Hope the troops at work enjoy them.

No comments: