Monday, May 5, 2014

Some recent baking.

Been trying not to bake too much... Sounds odd, but what I bake I eat. 
Sometime though I just have to give in...I do love to bake.

1. Banana chocolate chip cake with Peanut frosting. 
Didn't really use a recipe I based it on a basic Victoria sponge recipe, but replaced just about all the marg with 3 mashed bananas.
For the topping I ground up some peanuts (I didn't have peanut butter) then beat them up with some butter and icing sugar.



Yummy, had plenty of help eating this one.

2. Apple cinnamon scones.
Used a basic scone recipe and added a grated large apple and added a heaped teaspoon of cinnamon.


Slightly we'll done, but very yummy.

3. Italian Bread
Made the bread completely by hand.
Used this recipe http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2008/08/11/Italian-bread/


Turned out fantastic. We had some with cheese and salad and then with breakfast this morning. Only issue was that they only took 25 minutes to cook not the 45 minutes stated on the recipe. So need to keep an eye on them.





No comments: