Saturday, May 17, 2014

Vintage sewing machines

I have a new obsession....Oh Dear.
I have just bought two vintage sewing machines.
The first one was bought over a week ago on ebay. I was just looking....Honestly.
Then I saw this one and it was close enough to pick up. Still I hesitated. Then I noticed that it is covered in Egyptian decals... Oh we'll that was me sold.
Put an offer in and got it for £18.95 Delivered!!!


Then we were in Syke and I visited my favourite antique/Bric-à-brac shed and they had this delightful 1/2 or 3/4 size German sewing machine.
Cost me all of £5.
It's going to be my started project as the decals are so worn that there is no pint saving them. So I'm going to completely strip the paint off and repaint it and then hand paint on a design of my choice.
I'm pretty sure it's a Vesta probably between 1920 and 1935. Sold by J.D. Williams & Co. Ltd in Manchester.







No comments: