Saturday, February 7, 2015

Mishima

Learnt a new technique from this video


Mishima.

I knew Mishima only from my pottery books, which called for carving clay then covering in coloured slip which you scrap off when dry. The above video and Diana Fayt http://www.dianafayt.com/
Use wax resist and underglaze. I love Diana's work, so I thought I would give it a go.

I started with some doodling





Friends really like the owl in the second photo, so this is the one I used. 











I'm really pleased with the results. 
Off course the proof will be the final glazed piece.

These pieces should end up as very pale green with black outlines and some little bits of colour yellow, green and purple.

You may also see a little influence from Kandinsky. I love some of his work. For example Composition VIII from 1923.




1 comment:

Linda Starr said...

wow, very nice Cazz; not sure what your question meant about the slab plates, let me know if you want me to email a photo of the backs?